Tuesday 3 July 2007

A month of travels



Weeks have passed since my last blog. I enjoyed my holiday on Turkey. The resort I was based in was a bit like a Turkish Blackpool. The main income of the area is from British holiday makers and that is very much reflected in the cuisine (English breakfasts) and the style of drinking dens. My hotel was comfortable and clean and my room had spectacular views over the bay. I got somewhat tired of the resort and went walkabout for a few days.


My travels in Turkey took me too Ephesus, an amazing ancient city still being excavated from the dirt. Mary’s house – a few miles from Ephesus, where the Mother of Jesus reputedly spent her last years in the company of John.The pictures show the exterior and interior of the house) There is a lovely chapel there and I was able to celebrate the Eucharist on the feast of Corpus Christi. Then on to Istanbul. An amazing city, and one which I shall visit again. There is so much to see and there was so little time.

I returned in time to celebrate with the parish our parish priests 40th anniversary of ordination. It was a lovely evening that was marked with great joy and love.

Then off on my travels again – this time to Scotland to participate in a prayer festival for young people. Over 100 gathered to reflect on the theme of a ‘Call to holiness’. Their faith, as always left me humbled.

Back now to normality and rain!

Be well and happy. 

No comments: