Friday 4 June 2010

SOLEMNITY OF THE BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST


“I feel as a priest my great inner hunger and neediness – let this Mass, which is the last supper, be my food and drink. I feel the force of those daily sufferings which belong to every human being and, not least, those which are also bound up in my own life as a priest. Let this Mass, which is Christ’s sacrifice/his cross –Calvary made present in our midst – give me the true context for my own personal share in that Cross of Christ. This Mass which I’m about to pray is, above all else, about Christ’s Resurrection from the dead. It is the celebration of his triumph at Easter. The Holy Communion which we share in this Mass, is the communion with the Risen Christ. And so this Mass, like every Mass, is the sure pledge that each sorrow, each suffering, born in union with his, will turn to joy. By this Mass we proclaim in faith that the last and best word in all our lives belongs to God. The final victory belongs to the crucified and Risen Christ.”
Bishop John Crowley

No comments: