Tuesday 27 February 2007

Another weekend of fun

I always find liturgical seasons up the busy-ness stakes. Last week was no exception. Lent began apace and there was scarcely time to breath. But I like Lent. I think it is a wonderful season and a real opportunity to connect with hungers, desires and are very selves. The weekend came and the Cassidy clan gathered. My being in London has made these gatherings more available to me and I rejoice in them. I haven't seen my eldest nephew James, in 2 years. James lives in Evian where he is doing a PhD in Geochemistry. He is in London for a week doing some research.

My family is unremarkable, or is it? We have had alot to deal with in the past few years. Alot of sadness and a few moments of joy along the way. But what is remarkable is the desire to be there for one another, and this truth is celebrated when we gather around a table, share food and wine and one anothers companionship. in may ways these gatherings are 'upper room' moments that deepen the relationships we have with one another. Unfortunately I couldn't stay late as I had to get back to the parish for the onslaught of Sunday - 2 Masses, 1 sick call, a trip to the cathdedral for the Rite of Election and finally Top Gear on the telly!

This afternoon I am off for 24 hours of R & R.

Be well and happy :-)

1 comment:

Edoardo Albert said...

In your profile you list Michael O'Brien's book 'Father Elijah' as one of your favourites. Have you seen any of his art work? I tend to think he is an even better artist than he is a writer (see http://studiobrien.com).